Well, yet again I had a not so great day. I’m definitely getting frustrated.
I did workout this morning for about 55 minutes. I was supposed to do c25k week 4 day 2 but I only made it halfway through the scheduled runs. This is the first time I haven’t been able to complete a c25k workout. My legs just wouldn’t let me go. I really do think the 4 days without working out was not good for me. I’m just going to repeat week 4 next week (which was my plan even if I had been able to complete today’s runs). I’m really hoping I can get through the whole thing on Monday.
I did start out quite well eating wise today. However, after I’d already eaten a late lunch and indulged in a little dessert, I was invited over to a friends house for lasagna. Well, there really is no such think as healthy lasagna. I also ate 1.5 choc chip cookies while there. Then I made one more mistake and actually did some emotional eating, which I’m usually not as prone to. I broke up with my boyfriend, and so, of course, I feel terrible about it, and I just wanted to stop thinking about it, so I just wanted to forget it. So I gave in and a had 170 calorie weight watchers dessert. Oh, and it didn’t help – I guess that’s a good thing, I won’t be tempted to do it again. And it could have been worse – at least I didn’t eat a pint of rocky road like the size 0 gals always do in the movies after a breakup.
So this week has not gone so well. But I have had many genuine challenges present themselves. It’s really been a rough week. However, although I definitely wish I could turn back time and make better food choices, I feel positive about some things:
- First, I’ve reacted differently to this week than I EVER (and I mean ever) have in the past to a similar situation. I had 3 or 4 pretty bad days, didn’t meet a lot of my goals for both avoidable and unavoidable reasons, had a couple huge chocoalte fiascos, but I never ONCE threw in the towel. I never stopped trying. I never stopped blogging. I never stopped journalling. I never made a bad choice just because my last meal had been a disaster. You might not see all that as progress, but I do. It’s huge psychological progress.
- Second, my calories were not too bad, really. Even with all the not so great days, I’ve still had a deficit all but a couple days where I was about even.
- Third, I still feel very motivated (although frustrated at the same time – I’m trying to channel that frustration in a good way). It hasn’t gotten me down. I can’t wait to get up tomorrow and try again. And I can’t wait till Monday’s workout to prove that I really can do week 4 of c25k.
Okay, so the menu:
- Breakfast: Aldi’s encrusted tilapia and green beans with .5 oz of cheddar cheese (317)
- Lunch: 1 single serve thin crust margherita pizza (420) and a WW dessert (170)
- Dinner: 1 piece of lasagna (380 – estimate), and 1.5 choc chip cookies (210 – estimate)
- Snack: Another WW dessert (170)
- Total calories eaten: 1667
- Calories burned through exercise: -485
- Net calories: 1182