Happy to report good news again today. The only snack I had today was about 1 cup or two of light popcorn. That’s the only snack I had all day. I don’t anticipate eating anything else because I’m going to church in a few minutes and I will pretty much go straight to bed after that. Tuesday is my work-at-home day, and I moved my “office” (which is really a desk with my work phone and my work laptop) to a different location. I had been working from my desk in the living room, which is right next to the kitchen – not good. Today I was upstairs in a bedroom – much better. I was able to focus more on work and had less temptation to snack. Plus I had pretty much nothing that could be eaten with preparation – I take that back, I had absolutely NOTHING that could be eaten without prepartion. That really helps curtail the munching. Another thing that helped was a good nights sleep last night – for some reason, being well rested helps give me the energy to fight the food cravings.
I also had a great workout. Sixty-five minutes on the elliptical, but I was working pretty hard. Increased the resistance more than usual and went faster. I did 6.04 miles. My heart rate monitor is broken, but I burned over 700 cals according to the machine (which I set for 50 pounds less than what I actually weigh, so it would be more accurate.) I’m going to claim 650.
Here’s the food journal for today:
- Breakfast: A two-egg omelet with some cheddar and mozzarella cheese (250)
- Snack: A cup or two of light popcorn (150)
- Lunch: A Southwest Turkey Burger with a little bit of cheddar cheese – I used the last of my cheese – gotta get to the store soon (200)
- Dinner: Sam’s Choice Bacon-Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast (270) and a can of green beans (70) (340)
- Total Cals Eaten: 940
- Cals burned through exercise: 650
- Net cals: 290 (and believe or not, I’m not hungry – although if I were, I would allow myself to eat some more vegetables)