Well, I survived the weekend. Didn’t do great, but didn’t do horribly either. Weekends are often tough. I have decided that tomorrow I’m giving myself a completely fresh start. I’m starting a new weight chart on my progress page and I’m basically trying to think of it as a whole new start. This is because I keep getting discouraged when I look at the weight chart and when I think about the five pounds I’ve regained. Yes, I gained five pounds that I had worked really hard to lose, but that’s life and I’m putting it behind me. I think part of avoiding the on-a-diet or off-a-diet mentality that is so destructive IS actually being able to “start over” or forget the past at any time. The time is always right for a fresh start. Anyway, that’s my current line of thinking. And I also feel that I need a specific goal instead of “I”ll try to eat healthfully and exercise.” Therefore, this coming week I will basically do the weight watchers plan except with calories. So 1200 calories a day with 1500 “flex calories.” Anyway here’s the goals:
- 1200 calories a day with 1500 “flex calories” (extra calories for the week to be used however I want – all in one day or spread out evenly or however I want)
- Journal every single bite I eat
- Write a blog post every day before I go to bed.
- Exercise four times (for a minimum of 30 minutes)
- This is non exactly directly weight loss related, but I exceeded my food budget last month (mostly because I bought some junk food which was of course bad for my budget and my weight). My freezer, fridge, and pantry are well stocked. Therefore, this week I will not spend ANY money shopping except for my planned purchase of diet Pepsi’s for $2.00 for a 12-pack at Target.
I feel better already. It’s been a long time since I set specific goals. I think this will really help me.